The average lifespan of a home air conditioner is about 10 to 15 years. Some last longer and some fail much sooner—depending on factors such as the quality of the unit, how hard it’s used and whether it’s given the routine maintenance it requires.
Get Honest Answers About Your Cooling System
At Grimes Heating & Air, our friendly and skilled technicians will do whatever we can to keep your system running efficiently and affordably for as long as possible with our superior air conditioning repair service.
But no AC system—no matter how good it is—will last forever. At some point, your unit is going to fail. Sometimes, it happens in fits and starts with a series of minor glitches and hiccups. Other times, it occurs unexpectedly and all at once with a total collapse. Check out these warning signs that your AC is headed for trouble and your cool comfort is at risk:
- Your system is 10 years old or older.
- You notice your unit is less efficient.
- Your energy bills are climbing.
- You’re spending far too much on repair bills.
- Your unit uses R22 refrigerant.
- There are inconsistent pockets of cool air throughout your home.
We’ll Help You Choose Wisely
When you experience these and other problems with your AC, call Grimes Heating & Air. We have 20-plus years of experience in AC installation and AC replacement. Our NATE-certified technicians know exactly what to do and when to do it. We will never try to talk you into an air conditioning replacement or air conditioning installation in Oroville, CA, or beyond when the most sensible course of action is to fix your current system.
You need professionals who will do a deep dive—examining your system from top to bottom to honestly and accurately determine when it’s time to part ways with your old unit. Grimes Heating & Air is that team. Whether you live in Oroville, Palermo, Forbestown, Berry Creek, Bangor, Chico, Paradise, Magalia, Durham, Yuba City, Gridley, Live Oak or Marysville, our technicians will help determine the unit that’s just right for you.
Choosing the correct system is essential because a unit that’s either too large or too small for your unique space will not run efficiently. A wrong-sized unit compromises your comfort and costs you more money. Systems that are too small run longer but still come up short cooling your space. Units that are too large short cycle and don’t sufficiently remove humidity, adding to comfort woes. Either way, you end up paying more and getting less.
Bryant: An Industry Giant
We’re proud of our partnership with Bryant, one of the most trusted dealers in the industry that offers the highest quality air conditioning systems at a variety of price ranges to accommodate every budget. These units are reliable, efficient and easy to operate. Once you’ve chosen the system that’s just right for you, Grimes Heating & Air will rely on our modern day technology and old-fashioned service to install it to perfection. Worried about the mess? No need! We’ll treat your home like it’s our own, leaving it spotless. We’ll also haul away your old unit free of charge!
You’ll experience the following benefits when you upgrade to a newer, more efficient and properly sized AC unit:
- Improved comfort. Newer models are masters at providing more consistent coolness throughout your home or business. They also tend to operate much more quietly.
- Increased energy efficiency. The Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) rating measures the cooling your unit generates compared to the energy is uses. Higher SEER ratings mean greater efficiency. When you upgrade to a new model, the odds are high that your system’s efficiency will improve.
- Lower energy costs. Greater efficiency translates into reduced energy costs. That’s good news, which you’ll notice on your monthly utility bill.
At Grimes, we appreciate the fact that replacing your old AC unit and installing a new one is a major expense. That’s why we try to make the experience as affordable as possible with our financing options. We also offer free estimates and 24/7 emergency service.
Schedule Your AC Replacement & Installation Today!
When you need an AC replacement or installation, our friendly team of NATE-certified technicians will hook you up! Call Grimes Heating & Air at 530.589.1272 or contact us on the web.